|Nickname(s)||Big Stuff, Debs|
|Last Recorded Age||Unknown|
|Family||Steve Smith (ex-boyfriend)|
|Voice actor||Lizzy Caplan|
Deborah "Debbie" Hyman attends Pearl Bailey High School along with Steve, and is presumably the same age as him.
Due to her naturally nonathletic figure, she has developed a great dislike of Gym class, and prefers to hide in the school air conditioning vents to read rather than have to participate in "The American Dad After School Special".
After Steve breaks up with her, Roger attempts to seduce her with little to no success. They break up in "Iced, Iced Babies".
Debbie and Steve are back together in "Escape from Pearl Bailey" for a short while but again, they break up after Debbie accuses Steve of 'stooping' to Lisa Silver's level when Steve tried to defend Debbie's honor. Debbie does come to Steve and his friends' aid when they are chased by a school mob and stumble into goth territory.
In "Bar Mitzvah Hustle", Debbie dumps Steve for Snot's Bar Mitzvah study-buddy Etan. Debbie sees Etan as being more mature than Steve and therefore dumps him and goes as Etan's date to his Bar Mitzvah. She gets back together with Steve after Etan reveals his true immaturity, only to dump him again after realizing he was the one who stole Etan's gifts.
She appears in a crowd scene in "100 A.D.".
Hobbies and talents
- In "The American Dad After School Special", she can shoot squirrels in the eyes with her Dad's gun which Stan seems to like. Is a lover of traditional Gothic fiction, such as Anne Rice novels. And has at least some ability as an actress as she played Lady Macbeth in the school play.
- "All this talk of death is making me cremate."
- "You had me at lasagna."
- Steve claims she smells like a glue stick in "The American Dad After School Special".
- Her last name is revealed to be Hyman in "Escape from Pearl Bailey".
- Debbie's design is changed slightly in "Bar Mitzvah Hustle".