Sergei Kruglov is a former KGB agent. In 1988, Stan and Sergei were captured by their respective opponent sides, but during the prisoner exchange Stan was recaptured by the Soviets. After the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, Sergei's wife left him for a West German tennis equipment salesman and his son became an entrepreneur who sells Halloween costumes for dogs. Vowing to steal Stan's son for communism, he eventually moved to Langley Falls after Mr. Hallworthy died. Sergei then helped Steve construct a model rocket, while also teaching him in the ways of communism. Stan then wins Steve back, and Sergei helps Barry construct a rocket which wins the school's contest. Towards the end of the episode he acts like a normal neighbor to Stan coming over both to threaten him and then give Stan mail belonging to him that was in his mailbox.
Sergei is a man obsessed with communism and getting revenge on Stan. He plans to do this by eventually making a "Stew seasoned with revenge". Despite this, they do seem to get along, such as when Sergei dropped off Stan's mail that was accidently dropped off in his mailbox where only moments before he threatened to get his revenge.
Hobbies and talentsEdit
- Creating Model Rockets out of very little material, the ways of communism and growing Russian turnips in "Red October Sky".
- In "Roy Rogers McFreely", we see that Sergei is an esteemed member of the Homeowners Association. An association in charge of making decisions, rules and regulations for the residents of Smith's neighborhood.
- Training Boris the Russian Circus Bear in "Phantom of the Telethon".
- "I can see now that I rushed my revenge."
- "I took my revenge how I take my vodka, in one dreadful swallow."
- "That was a mere appetizer in the banquet of my revenge!"
- "This rocket is decadent and wasteful. If you want to win contest, your mind must be hard and joyless, like Russian turnip"
- Sergei is voiced by Steve Hely.
- Sergei's son grew up to sell Halloween costumes to dogs as his job.